Monday, March 28, 2011

Writing dialogue

Dialogue assignment #1

"You were the one who wanted six kids," John snapped at his wife.
"Why are they your kids when they're good," Ann questioned, "and mine when they're bad?"
"Just lucky I guess."
Ann demanded, "Go tell them to quiet down!"
"I told you they're your kids today!" John snarled back.
"Ha ha," Ann laughed, "funny guy."
"Oh just let them be, they're having fun."
Ann remarked "I wish I was."

Dialogue assignment #2

"Son, I think it's time we have a serious chat."
"Okay dad," Billy asked, "about what?"
Joe replied, "The differences between boys and girls."
"I know that dad, boys like blue and girls like pink!" Billy answered joyfully.
"That wasn't quite what I meant."
"Well..." Billy enquired, "what do you think the differences are?"
Joe answered, "I think there are alot of differences."
" I also think your mum should have this conversation with you instead," Joe remarked.

Dialogue assignment #3

"Can't we just talk about this?" asked Dave.
Jenn snapped back, "No Dave."
"Hun," Dave desperately replied, "I've said sorry already, there isn't much more I can do."
"I don't want you to do anything more!"
Dave questioned, "Why can't you just let it go?"
"You think I should just let it go?" Jenn freaked, " Look what you did to me Dave!"
"Just leave me alone!" Jenn added.
"Can you please just forgive me Jenn? I'm really sorry!"

1 comment:

  1. Writing is mechanically sound and quite well polished. Pretty good detail. Overall a good effort.

    ReplyDelete