Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Year to Live

It was just another day going for my yearly check up at the doctor. I thought that everything was going good and that I’m healthy and ready to go. The doctor took my blood and left for about 10 minuets, my mother and I were just sitting there talking. The doctor walked in with a blank face, and then he began telling us “Cherilynn, you are not going to like hearing this, we got the results from your blood test you have a high risk of getting blood clots in your brain. There will be no way of getting rid of this because of how far along these blood clots are. I am really sorry to break the news to you. You have approximately a year to live.” I began to cry, as well as think really hard at the same time. What will I do before I die? The first thing to come to my mind would be to fly to Airdrie, and see my family and be able to say bye to them all before this life of mine does come to an end. I will live my life to the fullest and go to school every day like a normal teenager, I will be happy and not show my feelings to attract attention. As much as I show that I’m happy outside, my feelings on the inside are not very happy. I do not like the feeling of knowing I could be dying in about a year. Knowing how long I have to live, I would try to make peace with everyone and love life until the day I die. As I get bedridden I will not depend on people to do everything for me and try to do most things by myself. Now it has come to the time that I can’t even try to help my self and do things by my self, I have got very selfish and wanting everyone to do everything for me. The time has come; it’s been a day to a year that the doctor has told me I have a year to live. I stay in my bed and don’t do much; I am very depressed and quiet. I do not talk to many people. Live life to the fullest because no one ever knows when the time will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment